Photos by Scott DeCamp | CatchMark
MONTAGUE — Liz Holden knew that her Ludington volleyball team would have to work in order to beat Montague in Tuesday night’s key West Michigan Conference Lakes Division match.
The Wildcats did make the Orioles earn it, but once the visitors settled in, they took care of business.
In Holden’s return to her alma mater, where she coached and was a standout player, Ludington got past Montague in four sets. The Orioles improved to 30-6-2 overall and remain perfect in the WMC Lakes at 4-0.
Montague (10-13-4 overall, 2-2 WMC Lakes) won the first set, 25-21, before Ludington regrouped to take the next three, 25-15, 25-22, 25-12.
Here are more details and notables from the match:
- Ludington senior outside hitter Maddy Vaara, who will be taking her talents to Ferris State University, led her team with 21 kills, 16 digs, four blocks, and one ace.
- Ludington junior Jordyn Anderson, a 6-foot-3 setter, played a strong all-around game with 36 assists, nine digs, four kills, four blocks and four aces.
- Ludington senior middle hitter Ashley McPike totaled 14 kills, seven digs, and two blocks.
- Ludington senior libero Karli Mesyar notched 18 digs, five assists, and one ace.
- Ludington senior defensive specialist Mia Pung had 15 digs and one assist.
- Ludington senior defensive specialist Mya Bryant added eight digs and one ace.
- Ludington sophomore middle hitter Jaelyn Laird had five kills and five blocks.
- Montague junior outside hitter Maizie Collins led her team with 12 kills, 13 digs, and two aces.
- Montague junior outside hitter Jordan Netcott had 10 kills, 14 digs, three aces, and one block.
- Montague senior outside hitter Britta Johnson totaled nine kills, nine digs, and one ace.
- Montague sophomore middle hitter Reagan Cederquist had six kills and two blocks.
- Montague senior defensive specialist Alissa Wynn finished with 28 digs, two assists, and one ace.
- Montague junior setter Jaelyn Sundberg had 38 assists, seven digs, and one block.
Monday night, Holden, Pung, and Anderson represented Ludington’s volleyball team on the CatchMark SportsNet Podcast. You can watch a replay here:
DON’T MISS THE TIKTOK
/ 16 hours ago
Defense sets the tone for Vikings in their 2-0 start.
/ 20 hours ago
Get the details from five Tuesday night contests reported to CatchMark.
/ 20 hours ago
Vikings junior totals 16 points, 23 rebounds, 6 blocks, 3 assists, and 1 steal...