Photos by Emily Vanderstelt for CatchMark
MUSKEGON — Whitehall’s boys basketball team was looking for a well-rounded team effort in Thursday night’s West Michigan Conference Lakes Division contest at Oakridge.
That’s what the Vikings got, as their starters played fewer minutes than usual and made way for their teammates to see the floor in a 68-46 victory over the Eagles.
It was the second-straight win after three consecutive losses for Whitehall, which improved to 6-4 overall and 3-1 in WMC Lakes play.
Oakridge is now 4-4 overall and 2-3 in WMC Lakes action.
Here are more details and notables from the game:
- Whitehall junior DJ Jamison led his team with 19 points, two rebounds and two steals.
- Whitehall sophomore Camden Thompson finished with 10 points and 16 rebounds.
- Whitehall senior Jack Houtteman had 10 points, five steals and four rebounds.
- Whitehall sophomore Kal Koehler added nine points, six rebounds and three assists.
- Oakridge sophomore Peyton Ruel scored 11 points to lead the Eagles.
- Oakridge senior Ryan Cribbins had seven points.
- Evan Miller, Evan Jozsa and Ty Maitland added six points apiece for Oakridge.
- Next games: Whitehall hosts Fremont on Tuesday (Jan. 17), while Oakridge travels to Shelby tonight (Friday, Jan. 13).
/ 5 hours ago
Seniors Konner Maus, Korbin TenBrink and Jeremy Broughton have led Cardinals to perch atop...
/ 8 hours ago
Here are the events CatchMark SportsNet will be livestreaming this week.
/ 1 day ago
Ludington girls edge Oakridge to remain unbeaten in Lakes Division.