Photos by Emily Vanderstelt for CatchMark
MUSKEGON — Whitehall’s boys basketball team was looking for a well-rounded team effort in Thursday night’s West Michigan Conference Lakes Division contest at Oakridge.
That’s what the Vikings got, as their starters played fewer minutes than usual and made way for their teammates to see the floor in a 68-46 victory over the Eagles.
It was the second-straight win after three consecutive losses for Whitehall, which improved to 6-4 overall and 3-1 in WMC Lakes play.
Oakridge is now 4-4 overall and 2-3 in WMC Lakes action.
Here are more details and notables from the game:
- Whitehall junior DJ Jamison led his team with 19 points, two rebounds and two steals.
- Whitehall sophomore Camden Thompson finished with 10 points and 16 rebounds.
- Whitehall senior Jack Houtteman had 10 points, five steals and four rebounds.
- Whitehall sophomore Kal Koehler added nine points, six rebounds and three assists.
- Oakridge sophomore Peyton Ruel scored 11 points to lead the Eagles.
- Oakridge senior Ryan Cribbins had seven points.
- Evan Miller, Evan Jozsa and Ty Maitland added six points apiece for Oakridge.
- Next games: Whitehall hosts Fremont on Tuesday (Jan. 17), while Oakridge travels to Shelby tonight (Friday, Jan. 13).
/ 9 hours ago
Conference leaders showcase talent as Whitehall hosts. The spectators gathered at Whitehall High School...
/ 11 hours ago
Wildcats senior is playing soccer and football, plus running cross country, while maintaining weighted...
/ 11 hours ago
Wildcats get key win over rival Vikings to realistically stay alive in divisional race.