Photos by Scott DeCamp | CatchMark
WHITEHALL — Camden Thompson is tough enough to stop when he’s got it rolling. A confident and aggressive Trannon Aylor adds another dimension to Whitehall’s boys basketball team.
The duo had it going on in Whitehall’s 82-69 nonconference win over shorthanded Mona Shores Tuesday night, as the tandem combined for 55 points and 20 rebounds. It’s the Vikings’ seventh-straight victory.
Thompson, a 6-foot-5 sophomore, finished with game highs of 31 points and 15 rebounds to go with three steals, three blocks and two assists. Aylor, a 6-3 junior, scored 24 points off the bench and grabbed five boards.
Here is a video of highlights and reaction from their big performances:
Here are more details and notables from the game:
- Thompson shot 11-of-19 from the floor and 9-of-10 from the free-throw line. Aylor was 10-of-14 from the field, including 2-for-4 from 3-point range.
- Whitehall led 49-33 at halftime, then outscored Mona Shores 17-4 in the third quarter.
- Whitehall led by more than 30 points at different points, but Mona Shores scored 32 in the fourth quarter to make the final margin closer.
- Mona Shores had four players in street clothes, including arguably its top two performers in sophomores Jordan Bledsoe and Jonathan Pittman, who are injured.
- Whitehall outrebounded Mona Shores, 40-23.
- Whitehall outscored Mona Shores in second-chance points, 23-4.
- Whitehall junior Ca’Mar Ready had nine points and three rebounds.
- Whitehall senior Jack Houtteman finished with eight points, five rebounds and two assists.
- Whitehall junior DJ Jamison added five points, five rebounds and four assists.
- Mona Shores senior Mason Hallett paced his team with 19 points.
- Mona Shores freshman Ryan Opsommer added 13 points.
- Next games: Whitehall (11-4) travels to Grand Rapids Covenant Christian on Friday for a challenging nonleague contest, while Mona Shores (4-10) hosts Holland on the same night.
Baseball/ 2 mins ago
Kent City baseball coach notches 200th career win in extra-innings thriller at Oakridge
Son helps Derek Larson reach milestone in 10-7, 8-inning victory in season opener.
CatchMark SportsNet Podcast/ 1 hour ago
Watch replay of CatchMark Sports Podcast Season 4 Ep. 2 featuring Kathy Romkema
Longtime athletic trainer has been a fixture in the Muskegon area, and she's a...
News/ 2 hours ago
CatchMark Scoreboard: Spring sports results in the West Michigan Conference (March 28)
West Michigan Conference coaches: Please email your results to email@example.com.