Photos by Scott Robar for CatchMark
NORTH MUSKEGON — Emma Gillard didn’t like seeing North Muskegon ahead of her Ravenna softball team when she peeked at the West Michigan Conference Rivers Division standings.
Gillard & Co. did something about that in Tuesday’s key WMC Rivers doubleheader on the Norse’s field, affectionately known as “The Swamp.”
Ravenna pounded out 27 total hits in a pair of dominant, five-inning victories over North Muskegon, 16-2 in Game 1 and 15-2 in Game 2, to take command of the WMC Rivers Division.
The Bulldogs remain perfect on the season at 13-0 overall and improve to 4-0 in the WMC Rivers. The Norse are 6-6 and 4-2, respectively.
CatchMark SportsNet contributor Scott Robar was on hand for Tuesday’s games. Check out his photos above and video below.
Here are more details and notables from the games:
- Ravenna’s Emma Herremans missed Saturday’s games against Pickford because of an injury, but she appeared just fine Tuesday against North Muskegon. In Game 1, the sophomore belted two home runs and racked up five RBIs.
- Ravenna’s Emma Gillard picked up the pitching win in Game 1, allowing two runs on five hits with seven strikeouts. The senior also hit a home run and she finished 2-for-2 at the plate.
- Ravenna’s Kara Postema, Addison Gillard and Riley Homoly all went 2-for-4 in the first game, while Ellie Solem and Kendra Denhof also had hits.
- Homoly pitched the fifth inning for the Bulldogs, striking out two.
- Audrey Brown and Rylee Cooper had two hits apiece for North Muskegon in Game 1.
- Madison Balon took the loss for the Norse in the first game. She struck out six and walked one.
- In Game 2, Herremans kept a hot bat, going 2-for-4 with a double to power the Bulldogs.
- Gillard went 2-for-2 again in the second game for Ravenna.
- Kara Postema, Emily Postema and Amelia Porter all had two hits in the nightcap, while Denhof doubled.
- Solem, Addison Gillard and Macy Nelson also had hits in the second game.
- Addison Gillard earned the pitching win in Game 2. She allowed two runs on four hits with six strikeouts and one walk.
- Brown and Cooper paced North Muskegon again in the second game, finishing with two hits apiece.
- Balon took the Game 2 loss for the Norse, striking out three and walking one.
/ 15 hours ago
Defense sets the tone for Vikings in their 2-0 start.
/ 18 hours ago
Get the details from five Tuesday night contests reported to CatchMark.
/ 19 hours ago
Vikings junior totals 16 points, 23 rebounds, 6 blocks, 3 assists, and 1 steal...