Photos by Bethany McCullough | CatchMark
MUSKEGON — Trever Jones led the way as Oakridge’s football team defeated host Muskegon Catholic Central, 20-14, in a nonconference game Thursday night at Kehren Stadium.
The Eagles avenged last season’s 30-28, last-second loss to the Crusaders.
The victory was the 100th for Oakridge head coach Cary Harger, who was inducted into the Michigan High School Football Coaches Association Hall of Fame in the summer.
Here are notables and more details from the nonconference game:
- Oakridge senior quarterback Matt Danicek completed 11 of 16 passes for 96 yards with two touchdowns and no interceptions. He also ran nine times for 46 yards.
- Oakridge junior Trever Jones rushed 16 times for a game-high 113 yards and one TD, plus he caught four passes for 32 yards and another score.
- Oakridge junior Brody Jennings led the team defensively with 11 tackles, one interception and a pass breakup.
- Oakridge senior Riley Bean finished with 10 stops.
- Oakridge finished with a slight edge in total offense, 248-240.
- MCC sophomore Bryan Convertini ran 20 times for a team-high 86 yards and one touchdown. He completed 6 of 13 passes for 127 yards with two interceptions.
- MCC senior David Hill caught three passes for 68 yards.
- MCC senior Sam Kartes led the Crusaders defensively with eight tackles.
- In Week 3, Oakridge (2-0) visits Manistee in a West Michigan Conference Lakes Division opener at 7 p.m. next Friday. MCC (1-1) hosts Benton Harbor at 7 p.m. next Friday.
/ 14 hours ago
Packers senior is setting the pace in the WMC Lakes Division for cross country...
/ 17 hours ago
West Michigan Conference coaches: Please email your results to firstname.lastname@example.org.
/ 18 hours ago
Straight Line Design along with Latsch Floor & Kitchen sponsored the experience for the...