Photos by Scott DeCamp | CatchMark
NORTH MUSKEGON — If Shelby’s volleyball team were seeking for an edge or a boost in its key West Michigan Conference Rivers Division volleyball match Tuesday night at North Muskegon, then it looked in the right place.
The Tigers called upon their student body to show up. They showed up in a big way.
Shelby fed off the energy from the “seventh man” en route to a four-set victory over North Muskegon, 18-25, 25-20, 25-17, 25-21.
Here are notables and stat leaders from the match:
- University of Michigan head volleyball coach Mark Rosen was in attendance, presumably to watch Shelby sophomore Navea Gauthier.
- Speaking of Gauthier, the 6-foot-2 outside hitter finished with 31 kills, 19 service points (six aces), 16 digs and four blocks.
- Shelby sophomore Audrey Horton totaled 32 assists.
- Shelby senior Morgan Weirich had 25 digs, 17 service points (five aces) and three assists.
- North Muskegon senior Natalie Pannucci reached the 1,000-kill milestone in her career.
- Speaking of Pannucci, she totaled 14 kills, 12 digs and one block.
- North Muskegon junior Sami Baker had 29 assists and 10 digs.
- North Muskegon junior Fia Lindsay finished with nine kills and three blocks.
- North Muskegon senior Jaley Schultz totaled 22 digs.
- Shelby improved to 23-5-1 overall and 5-0 in the WMC Rivers Division.
- North Muskegon is 13-9-4 overall and 4-1 in the WMC Rivers Division.
Football/ 9 hours ago
See photos, videos from Day 1 of 2023 Detroit Lions youth camp visit to Montague
Three-day event has been coming Townsend Sports Complex since 2017. Retired LB Jimmy Williams...
Tennis/ 22 hours ago
Ludington, North Muskegon compete in 2023 MHSAA girls tennis state finals
Orioles finish 12th in Division 3, Norse 11th in Division 4.
Softball/ 1 day ago
See 2023 regional softball matchups, brackets for West Michigan Conference teams
Who and where Oakridge, Ravenna, Hart and Holton are playing next.